Who are we
The issue of human rights in times of armed conflict is one of the most important contemporary issues that occupy the minds of scientists and thinkers of the magnitude of aggression, injustice and wars suffered by humanity. In this age, this issue has become one of the most important issues. Wars that lead to conflicts that make man forget his humanity, principles and morals are among the most human phenomena affecting human values. Because of the waste and a violation of the least rights of individuals and communities. All this confirms and insists on the opinion and thought and influence to strive to confront this phenomenon and to adjust its provisions in a manner that respects human values.
The Center for International Humanitarian Law is an independent, scientific, training institution with a legal personality, non-governmental, non-profit, scientific, and training. Headquartered in the city of Tripoli, Libya, the Center was established in 2016
as a scientific institution that works to consolidate human rights and to ensure the implementation of international and local laws regarding human rights, education, development and consultancy in its field of work.
The key objectives of the Center are to expand knowledge of the provisions of international humanitarian law and to disseminate this knowledge throughout Libya and the surrounding countries.
The Center undertakes the task of education, training, development and counseling in the fields of international humanitarian law. It may provide these services and any other scientific service in the field of the implementation of international humanitarian law to individuals or entities and legal bodies.
Protecting Human dignity everywhere and time whatever the challenges, the Center aspires to contribute to education and awareness-raising to international humanitarian law and to meet challenges in implementation thereof through the following objectives:
- To assist civil, military bodies and individuals in the application of international humanitarian law at the time of peace and war.
- Raise the efficiency of individuals and legal entities such as humanitarian agencies and those who have a role in the provision of humanitarian and voluntary services, and prepare them scientifically and practically to assume their responsibilities and exercise their powers in a manner that ensures dissemination awareness and knowledge of international humanitarian law and its application on the ground in times of peace and war.
- Support efforts to alleviate human suffering and protect individuals and civilian objects during conflict situations, armed conflicts and wars, and the dissemination of rules governing the relationship between the parties to the armed conflict.
- Reduce the effects of violence and apply international conventions and treaties to international humanitarian law.
- Establish broad cooperation programs in the promotion, dissemination and implementation of international humanitarian law.
- Provide advice in the fields of international humanitarian law and work to include its rules through Local laws and regulations.
- To enrich human thought by way of authoring, conducting researches and studies, and translating the outstanding scientific works related to international humanitarian law.
The Center works through its initiatives and activities to achieve the following objectives:
- Organizing training and academic courses devoted to international humanitarian law and other related fields such as human rights, rights of refugees and humanitarian work.
- Organizing national, regional and international meetings and conferences with the participation of experts, specialists and workers in the humanitarian field.
- Encourage dialogue and exchanges of experiences and experiments in the field of international humanitarian law and humanitarian action.
- To carry out specialized studies and researches in the field of international humanitarian law and related matters.
- Cooperation and coordination with official and private institutions related to international humanitarian law and labor and humanitarian work including civil and military academic institutions at the national, regional and international levels: in order to achieve programs and activities to meet the goals of the Center.
- Assigns grants and prizes to encourage research and specialized studies in the field of international humanitarian law.
- Issuing books, periodicals and other publications related to the work of the Center.
- Establish a specialized library equipped with modern technical equipment and follow up the developments of international humanitarian law and collect and authenticate relevant information and data.
- To contribute to the dissemination of international humanitarian law in widest possible domain and to cooperate with various media in this area and allocate training courses for media professionals.
- Participate in relevant national, regional and international activities.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Center of International law is composed of elite of professors, researchers and specialists in various fields, complementing each other, and working together to achieve the goals and objectives for which the Center was established.
Riyad Saeed Abdulhamid Saeed\ Chairman of the Board
licentiate in law.
Judicial qualification course.
Diploma of Diplomatic Relations and Consular Representation.
Head of the unit of teaching staff at the Faculty of Agriculture, Al-Habal Al-Gharbi University.
Head of the follow-up department of decision making the Administrative Control Branch, Nalut.
Enrollment in the judicial qualification course at the Higher Judicial Institute for the academic years 2004/2005 – 2005/2006
Under-Secretary of the Public Prosecutor’s Office of the Gado first instance Court.
Director of the Department of the District Court for the period from 2/2015 until 9/2015
Director of the Rujban District Prosecution.
Assigned to the main work of the Nalut first instance prosecution as of January 24, 2016
Founding member of the Humanitarian Relief Office of the Crisis Management Committee of the Western Mountain Regions (Nafoush Mount), Republic of Tunisia
Delegate for Humanitarian Relief to the Local Council of the Republic of Tunisia
Founding member of the Libyan-Tunisian Relief Society. On 5/2011.
Chairman of the Local Council / Hawamad as of the date of the month of 10/2011 until 03/ 2012
Legal adviser to the Council of Local Council / Hawamad after the resignation of its presidency because of the return of judicial work ,as of 03/ 2012 up to 2012/12
Founding member of the Libyan Foundation for the Development of Government. Administration and one of the members of the General Assembly.
Course in International Humanitarian Law, March 2017. Beirut, Lebanon.
Course for IHL training leaders, January 2018. Rabat, Morocco.
Mohammed Mudaffar Bin Ramadan\ Vice Chairman of the Board
Licentiate in law and Shariat
Master in Public Law
Administrative Affairs employee “Ministry of Welfare of Families of Martyrs and the Missing” in 2013.
Legal Affairs employee “General Intelligence Board” in 2016
Associate Professor at the University of Tripoli- Faculty of Sharia and Law – Tajoura.
Associate Professor with Africa University – Department of Law – Tripoli.
Ahmed Ali Saleh Abu-Mhara \Member of the Board
Licentiate in law – University of Tripoli, 2014/2015.
Certificate of completion of a training course in the legal office of Al-Madar Al-Jadeed Company.
Training course on international humanitarian law organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross
Course of International Computer Driving License (IDCL)
A course in the art of dialogue and debate from the dialogue and debate forum DDC
Head of Faculty of Law – University of Bani-Walid 2011.
Vice President of the Students Union of the Faculty of Law – University of Tripoli 2014.
Member of the Organizing Committee of a seminar entitled “Legal Views on the Drafting of the Constitution project, Faculty of Law, Tripoli University, 2015
Member of Preparatory Committee for the Supreme Conference (Libyan Transitional Legislations in Libra) Faculty of Law – University, Tripoli, 2016
Khattab Khaled Khattab\ Member of the Board
Master of Jurists / Faculty of Law – Alexandria.
Legal Adviser in Economic Control
Teaching Assistant at the College of Arts and Sciences / Kufra
Chairman of the Sub-Committee for the Election of Local Council / Kufra.
Member of Faculty of Law / Al Zaytoonah University
Head of Law Department / University of Africa
Collaborator to teach at the Faculty of Law / University of Tripoli.
Collaborator to teach the Faculty of Law / Tripoli National University.
Collaborator to teach the Faculty of Law / Libyan University
Member of the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Local Administration.
We work to provide assistance to the civil and military organizations and individuals in the application of international humanitarian law